I can be reached via email to paul [at] sullivan [dot] za [dot] org
I work in Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
I'm originally from East London in South Africa.
Currently interested / working on
(within the last 12 months)
- Multi-factor Authentication - particularly client-side SSL certificates and using TOTP to replace SMS
- Mobile device security - in the light of the huawei (snooping) kerfuffle this is particularly interesting. AKA LinageOS on my S5
- CAN Bus Hacking and OBD-II adventures, mostly on my Volvo C30 1.6d DRIVEe
- Mapping / GPS using OsmAnd to log live and Bings's maps API to plot route data with JQPlot for altitude plots.
- Open source telephony, particularly around mobile applications
(but still periodically re-visited, or some how connected)
- A study of how not to DDOS your own distributed web application
- Using the Raspberry Pi as an Ocilloscope.
- Getting myself back up and running after installing CyanogenMod on my S3
- Nagios, as a system monitoring / exception reporting tool - notably to check more realistically than the default "is it alive".