P1103 (Mass Airflow Sensor in Range But Higher Than Expected)
- Remove 4 screws holding the air filter cover and 2 screws holding the MAF sensor to the lower part of the airfilter. These are all hex heads, but there are 2 sizes. I didn't note which was which.
- Remove the air filter - I also vacuum cleaned this, not sure it made ANY difference
- The 88k mile engine has some oil in the air intake, this is where the MAF sensor lives
- Remove 2 T20 screws that told the MAF sensor in place
- I cleaned the MAF sensor with methylated spirits. Probably NOT a good thing. Apparetly it should be isopropyl alchohol or special sensor clearer - I had nether.